Hey all, I think it's unfair for me to be the only moderator (plus the admins!).
I was trying to find some good candidates and I certainly found many, but I think it's much more fair to open the floor for nominations.
Some groundrules so this goes smoothly:
- You are allowed to nominate unlimited people, including yourself
- You must make each nomination in a separate comment
- Please ensure the user in question has not yet been nominated, if they have please upvote the existing nomination and maybe leave a comment in support instead!
This is somewhat of a popularity contest, although note I do not promise the most popular candidates will be the ones selected.
This post will be updated when mods are appointed with the logic behind appointment.
[@firstname.lastname@example.org](https://lemmy.ml/u/mekhos) has been appointed. This is because
- Overwhelming support
- 7 hour timezone difference (if I did the math correctly)
- I needed one more, I see tmpod around often
Hey all, if you notice any comments that clearly don't belong here please hit the report button! In the next few days I will be checking in every few hours to ensure this community is in tip top shape.
I have also recruited two new mods.
Hey! Back after a large break from lemmy and after returning to the community it seems it is more advice focused: `what is the best way to learn programming` vs story focused `what is a bad mistake when you started programming`.
My job as a moderator is to serve the community best I can, so instead of changing the rules to recklessly to bar topics further without consent, I want to extend an invitation for *you*, the members of the community, to share what you want to see content wise from this community.
> I like it as is!
> New rules ideas
> - Only questions about cats are allowed
> - Posts about dogs will result in being banned